January 11, 2011

Aunt Tricia's Vegetable Soup

True confession: My kids don't really like vegetables unless they're slathered in Ranch dressing. Unfortunately, I am one of the only ones that eats this at my house.

I wish I could get them to eat more vegetables. Their loss, because this soup is delicious.

Aunt Tricia's Vegetable Soup

1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup yellow pepper, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 pound fresh green beans, chopped

In a non-stick skillet, saute in 2 tablespoons olive oil until vegetables are tender. Add 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, basil, oregano and parsley.

Combine the following in a large stockpot:

1 16-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 32-ounce can V8 Juice
1 14-ounce can chicken broth
1/2 bag frozen corn
1/2 bag frozen peas

Add sauteed vegetables and simmer several hours.
The rest of this week I'll feature 3 great soups from 2 of my favorite cooks! Taco Soup, Tortilla Soup and Sausage Corn Chowder.

No comments:

Post a Comment