January 31, 2011

Lisa Week: Beef Brisket

This week I'm going to share 6 recipes from my sister Lisa. Every time she makes something, I want the recipe! I haven't had this for a long, long time, but I still remember waking up to the smell of it wafting through her little house in St. Louis. It requires some planning ahead, but super easy to put together.

Lisa's Beef Brisket

Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in a roasting pan and brown meat. Add 2 large onions (chopped) and 1 cup water. Put meat fat side up and cover. Leave in oven overnight at lowest temperature possible. Remove from oven and refrigerate until cold, then trim fat and slice. Add one cup water, 4-6 beef bullion cubes, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon oregano. Simmer on stove for one hour and serve with BBQ sauce if desired.
Come back later in the week for Gooey Butter Cake, 2 yummy potato dishes, Strawberry Pretzel Salad and Arkansas Green Beans. Also, don't forget to email me if you'd like to be added to my mailing list for Comfort Food. Each Thursday you'll receive a recipe, scripture and prayer delivered to your inbox and I will commit to praying for your family every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment