January 3, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Finding ripe bananas on my kitchen counter never seems to be a problem, but making banana bread is kind of a pain. I'm sure I do something wrong, but I have a hard time getting it done in the center without over-baking the top.

The other disadvantage is having to plan ahead...by the time it sits in the oven for 60 minutes I've practically forgotten it. These yummy muffins, on the other hand, take about 17 minutes to bake, which is an approximation of my oven-attention span.

My boys don't like chocolate, so I make the first half without chips and then add them for the second half. One time I made these and accidentally left out the banana which I don't recommend. Make a double batch on the weekend and freeze some for a quick breakfast on busy mornings.

Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons soft butter
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed well
3 cups flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips, if desired

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and/or paper line muffin tin. Mix sugar, butter and egg thoroughly. Stir in milk and bananas. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry mixture to banana mixture, stirring well. Add chocolate chips and fill muffin tins 3/4. Bake approximately 17 minutes or until nicely browned. Makes about 18.

Come back tomorrow for Quick & Easy Quiche!

1 comment: