January 14, 2011

Sausage Corn Chowder + Tortilla Soup

The first time I met her, we had them over to our house and I served brownies. We didn't see or talk to them again for a couple years and I always wondered if it was the brownies. It a long time before I got the real scoop. I was relieved to know it wasn't the brownies.

I love her soup and I love Jamie. Read her blog and you'll love her too.

Tortilla Soup

1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 envelope of taco seasoning
1 envelope ranch dressing mix
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can ranch style beans
1 can black beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can rotel
1 can water
1 can chopped green chilies

Brown meat and onion.  Add all other ingredients.
Simmer for several hours.
Serve with tortillas, chips, sour cream, cheese, chives, guacamole and a GREAT BIG SPOON!!

Sausage Corn Chowder

1 lb. bulk sausage
1 onion, chopped
4 cups cubed potatoes, frozen are fine
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp marjoram
2 cups water
1 17oz. can cream style corn
1 17oz. can(or frozen) whole kernel corn
1 12 can evaporated milk

Brown sausage and onion.  Add potatoes, salt, pepper, marjoram and water.  Cook until potatoes are tender.  Add both corns and evaporated milk.  Heat through.

Next week is Plan B Week...ideas for evenings when time is short and everyone's hungry. I'll be sharing some of my own as well as some from Facebook fans who had a lot of great suggestions. Have a happy, cozy weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Sausage Corn Chowder. Eating it right now on a cold and sleety night. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete