January 12, 2011

Carrie's Taco Soup

We go way back. We used to pack the kids in the minivan and drive to Super WalMart in Salina for two weeks worth of groceries. There was always time for a Chili's chips and salsa run.

She's one of the best cooks I know and I'll be featuring more recipes from her soon. (French Toast Supreme breaks all the rules, but soooo good.) Don't let the almost-empty nest fool you...she's the Queen of Hospitality and as my mom always said, there's always room for one more.

I've eaten this one a few times snuggled around her cozy dining room table and wish I could be there tonight for dinner. Enjoy!

Tomorrow and Friday there's a double-bonus. Tomorrow I'll feature two yummy soups from my great cook and Cutie Sister Lisa, and Friday, two from another amazing cook and my friend-for-life, Jamie.


Carrie's Taco Soup

2 lbs. ground beef or ground turkey OR 4 cups diced chicken
1 can yellow hominy
1 can red beans
1 can black beans
1 can Mexican Rotel
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
3 cans pureed tomatoes
3 cups water

Stir over medium heat, mixing in the seasonings well. bring to a simmer. Serve and garnish with cheddar cheese and sour cream.

2 comments:

  1. looks wonderful! my kids love taco soup, and i fear i have never done it justice. if i can figure out what hominy is, i will buy a can and whip this up.

    p.s. your kitchen looks darling, carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some hominy you can borrow Jude, and buyer beware, there's a difference between yellow and white hominy. White is icky.

    ReplyDelete