January 24, 2011

Cookie Week: Soft Chocolate Chip Oatmeal

A few years ago, I went on a search for a soft chocolate chip cookie recipe. It was very important for me to find one because my trademark recipe is for a crispier version (which I like), but I discovered some of my kids like the soft kind. I never did latch on to the perfect soft recipe and had given up my search........until now!

This was sent to me by Sandie, one of my mom's dearest friends and one of the best cooks I know. This recipe is very quick to put together. It makes a huge batch, great for busy moms, because you can shape and freeze them individually for people to bake at will. Enjoy!

Sandie's Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cream together:

2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar

Add:

4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix in:

4 cups flour
5 cups oatmeal-blended to make powder (be sure to measure before putting in blender or food processor)
1 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda

Add any of the following:  chocolate chips; Hershey bar cut in pieces, raisins, M & Ms, white chocolate chips, chopped nuts.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes

These are great frozen in cookie size portions before baking.  Take out as needed.  Thaw on cookie sheet and bake.
Come back later this week for my Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, Mom's No Bakes and just in time for Valentine's Day, The Best Cutout Cookies Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment