February 10, 2011

Mom Week: Cauliflower Salad

I have to confess that I am a way pickier eater than my mother. She frequently encouraged me to try new foods and sometimes I liked them. I appreciate that she tried to expand my palate--in spite of my resistance. Cauliflower might be among the foods I tolerate but do not regularly eat. So I'll confess that while I've eaten this salad, I've never actually made it. But, in celebration of my mom and winter white food, here it is!

Cauliflower Salad

1 head cauliflower
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1-8 ounce package cream cheese
1 carrot, grated
1 small jar pimentos
Minced onion to taste

Wash cauliflower and break into bite-size pieces.  Blend Miracle Whip and cream cheese.  Add carrot, pimentos and onion.  Add cauliflower and toss to coat evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment