February 11, 2011

Mom Week: White Chicken Enchiladas

This recipe originally came from my mom's lifelong friend Sandie. They met when I was in 3rd grade--a friendship that has passed the test of time. When my mom comes up, she often makes food for us and my freezer. This is one of the recipes she uses. My love language is people cooking food and setting it in front of me--I always feel loved when I eat these. They are not low-cal, but it definitely delicious.

White Chicken Enchiladas

3 cups onions, chopped
3/4 cup butter
2 small cans chopped green chiles
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
6 cups cubed cooked chicken
Flour tortillas
Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
Whipping cream

Saute onions in butter.  Add green chiles, cream cheese and chicken.  Stir until cream cheese is melted.  Spread this mixture on a flour tortilla and top with Monterrey Jack cheese.  Roll and place seam side down in greased baking dish.  Sprinkle with more cheese.  For every 6 tortillas pour 1 cup whipping cream over top.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 min.  Freezes well (freeze tortillas separately on cookie sheet and then put in Ziplock bags.)

No comments:

Post a Comment