February 15, 2011

Pink Week: Cherry Pudding

Cherries are one of those foods I didn't want to eat when I was little. I finally tried one, under duress...and liked it. My mom remembers this happening at a cherry orchard in Michigan, with a cherry picked straight from the tree. I remember it happening at the lunch buffet at Bonanza with a maraschino. Regardless, I do like cherries today. Here's a little keeper from my Grandma's recipe box...share the love with Cherry Pudding!

Cherry Pudding

2 cups sugar, divided
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup hot water
2 teaspoons baking powder
flour to form batter about like cake dough   
2 cups cherries

Mix 1 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon butter. Add water, flour and baking powder. Pour into greased 8 x 8 baking dish.

Mix 1 cup sugar with cherries and pour over batter. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment